This mix of ingredients really gets your metabolism going: The fat burner smoothie with berries, citrus fruits, and buttermilk is not only really tasty but also ensures – with enough exercise, of course – that your love handles become a little smaller.
Fat burner smoothie – ingredients for 2 glasses:
- 250 g mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small grapefruit
- 1 lemon
- 200 ml buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons of linseed oil
- 4 teaspoons of oatmeal
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- Ice cubes and mint for serving
Let the berries thaw if necessary. Peel the grapefruit and cut it into pieces. Squeeze lemon juice. Put all ingredients in a blender and puree finely. Serve the fat burner smoothie with ice cubes and mint leaves if you like.
Tip: We recommend a smoothie maker for lovers
How does the fat burner smoothie boost fat burning?
Basically, excess body fat is the energy that you haven’t used up. If you want to get rid of this fat, you have to consume less food energy and use more of it. This works best with a healthy, balanced diet and plenty of exercises. In addition to sport, active everyday life will also help you: ride your bike to work, climb stairs instead of using the elevator, take a walk during your lunch break …
You can also support your metabolism with carefully selected foods and ensure that all the building blocks required for burning fat are available:
- Berries are rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. The latter delays the digestion of carbohydrates and causes blood sugar levels to rise more slowly. This means your body has to release less insulin. The hormone inhibits fat burning and increases your appetite.
- Bitter and fiber from grapefruit stimulate digestion – and are mainly found in the white skin under the peel. So don’t peel the grapefruit too generously!
- Lemons are rich in vitamin C. The vitamin is not only essential for a functioning immune system, but also for burning fat. Important: Vitamin C is sensitive to light and heat. Therefore, always squeeze lemon juice as fresh as possible.
- Your body also needs the mineral magnesium for optimal fat burning. It is particularly abundant in oat flakes, which also make our smoothie nice and creamy.
- Natural buttermilk is low in fat and rich in protein and minerals. The fat burner smoothie, therefore, fills you up for a long time and you avoid the dreaded cravings.