Power drink made from fruit and winter leafy vegetables: mixed with pineapple, bananas, orange, and coconut water, kale turns into a delicious, healthy smoothie in no time at all. We show how trendy drink is prepared.
Kale has long since lost its dusty image as an ingredient in hearty winter food. Because in the last few years the Krauskopf has become a real trend vegetable. So it’s no wonder that it now also plays an important role in the preparation of smoothies, as it is full of healthy ingredients. Kale has the highest protein and carbohydrate content of all types of cabbage and is also rich in calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium, manganese, and iodine. It also provides plenty of beta-carotene, B vitamins, vitamins K, and C.
Kale Smoothie – Ingredients for 4 400 ml glasses:
- 1 pineapple (approx. 800 g)
- 150 g cleaned kale
- 1 large orange (approx. 300 g)
- 2 ripe bananas (approx. 330 g)
- 300 ml chilled coconut water
Make your own kale smoothie – this is how it works:
- Peel the pineapple, quarter it lengthways, remove the stalk. Roughly dice 500 g pulp, use the rest for other purposes.
- Sort out the kale, wash thoroughly, drain and roughly chop.
- Peel the orange so that the white skin is completely removed and then quarter.
- The banana peel in pineapple cubes and, kale, orange and coconut water blender puree.
- Divide the kale smoothie into 4 glasses and serve.
- Tip: We recommend powerful smoothie makers for preparing green smoothies
Delicious variations and practical preparation tips
The great thing about smoothies is that you can vary the ingredients according to your mood and personal taste and so you can easily add new flavors to the drink.
In addition to pineapple, banana and orange, tart apples , mango or persimmon taste very good in the kale smoothie. Additional flavor and a pleasant spiciness develop through the addition of fresh ginger . Instead of coconut water, you can add neutral, still water to the mixer. And if you can’t get fresh kale, you can use frozen vegetables for the kale smoothie.
When preparing smoothies, you should make sure that you only use ripe fruits. The drink tastes so much more aromatic and is sweetened in a natural way. Mixing in frozen fruits, bananas or berries are very suitable, ensures a wonderfully creamy texture.