Beer liqueur is a great gift from the kitchen, with which you can inspire not only beer fans! We’ll show you how easy it is and give tips on how to refine the sweet and malty drink.
Beer liqueur – ingredients for 4-5 small bottles (250 ml each):
- 0.5 l of dark beer
- 200 g of sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- 0.5 l grain (38 vol%)
Make beer liqueur yourself – this is how it works:
- Heat the beer, sugar, and vanilla sugar in a saucepan while stirring. Add grain at boiling point, stir and remove from heat.
- Fill into bottles, close, chill, and enjoy!
Beer liqueur – this is how you can refine it:
Add a few spices to make the liqueur a little finer! Instead of vanilla sugar, you can use fresh vanilla pod. Fresh ginger gives the whole thing a slight spiciness, with cinnamon and clove the beer liqueur gets a nice Christmas aroma.
Which beer you use is also a matter of taste. Dark strong beer contains more malt and tastes nice and strong. For a “lighter” version you can also use light beer – the overall result will then be a bit more palatable.
For 0.5 l of beer (depending on your taste):
- 1 small stick of cinnamon
- 1-2 cloves
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger (about 1-2 cm)
- ½ vanilla pod
- as desired: a little lemon or orange zest
- This is how it works: Add the spices to the beer-sugar mixture and simmer for about 20-30 minutes at medium temperature. After the desired steeping time, remove the ingredients, add the grain and fill the liqueur. The longer the spices soak in the liquid, the more aromatic the liqueur will be!
How long does beer liqueur keep?
If stored in a cool and dark place, beer liqueur will keep for at least 1 year. The longer it stands, the more aroma can develop.