The Manhattan cocktail has become a classic in the world of the night, especially at large events, as it can be taken as an aperitif before sitting at the table for lunch or dinner. In its origins, it was consumed mainly by men, but with time, this cocktail has been able to conquer the hearts of women. If you are interested in knowing the correct way to prepare it, keep reading because we explain it to you below.
Ingredients to prepare the Manhattan cocktail
- Ice cubes
- 45 ml Canadian whiskey
- 20 ml of dry vermouth
- 1 shot of angostura (optional)
- 1 red cherry or, failing that, a green olive
Preparation of the Manhattan cocktail
Once the ingredients that we are going to use are known, it is time to know the steps that we must follow to prepare them.
- The first thing we must do is take a mixing glass and add the ice to it. With the help of a mixing spoon, we will move them to get the glass to cool.
- Next, we will have to eliminate the water that the ice cubes have been releasing so that the cocktail is not too watery.
- Once the previous steps have been done, what we must do is add the different ingredients that we have indicated above, but always following the order from largest to smallest quantity.
- With the help of the spoon, we mix everything well again and strain it into a cocktail glass.
- Finally, we decorate it with red icing or with the green olive.